Tips to help you beat tobacco and nicotine addiction
- Get ready. Select a quit date and make it special. Try to reduce your tobacco use before the quit date.
- Get support. Ask family and friends to support you. Ask for help with smoking cessation from your doctor or employer.
- Learn new skills and behavior. Change daily routines that trigger your tobacco use. Get your teeth cleaned and try peppermints, sunflower seeds or gum to keep your mouth busy.
- Consider nicotine replacement therapy. Nicotine replacement is available over the counter and by prescription. It can double your chances of quitting successfully.
- Be prepared. It may take multiple attempts to quit.
Resources to help you quit
- Call: Get phone and text support through the Quitline at 800-784-8669 or text QUIT to 47848.
- Join: You can join a study of treatments to help you quit and remain tobacco-free. Call 877-632-6789.
- Ask: You may be eligible for a lung cancer screening exam. Call 877-632-6789.
'It just feels wonderful not to smoke anymore’
How to stay away from cigarettes once you've quit
8 tobacco truths to help you quit smoking
9 ways to say, "Don't smoke around me."
Benefits of quitting smoking
Quit smoking: 7 products to strike out nicotine cravings
Secondhand smoke: Avoid the health risks
The truth behind the “healthy smoker” myth
The EndTobacco??Program is a coordinated and sustained institutional commitment to advance evidence-based tobacco control in the areas of policy, cessation and prevention.?
Due to our response to COVID-19, all blood donations at 体育app
Blood Donor Center locations are being held by appointment only.